IMPROVISATION WORKSHOP…2017 dates available soon
Workshop Leader – Artistic Director RADA trained professional
In this workshop you will learn how to go deeper into your acting work by a series of structured acting games and exercises. You will learn how to stimulate your imagination and explore different ways of portraying a character. We encourage participants to bring bits of costume to add humour to the day (This is optional.) This workshop will help you discover your inner playfulness in a safe professional environment and help you make interesting choices to further your character development.
For more details or to make a payment contact firstname.lastname@example.org
THE BEGINNERS COURSE
This course is perfect for beginners and Am Dram fans, looking for a taste of acting as a hobby, or for those who are looking to start a career. Each term is for 6 weeks. Price £120 DATES TBC – please enquire.
- Contemporary Text – Scene study.
- Classic Text – Scene study.
- Dialect – Learn dialects for your casting ability.
- Vocal training – Learn how to strengthen your voice and enhance your vocal skills to ensure diction and clarity.
- Improvisation – Exercise your inhibitions with structured improvisation techniques combined with acting games.
- Status work – Status exercises to enhance your character development.
- Stage – Learn essential theatre techniques that will give you the confidence for stage work, rehearsals and auditions.
- Who’s Line is it Anyway – A fun way to incorporate vocal techniques, especially for you to strengthen your voice and enhance your vocal skills to ensure clarity and diction for every day use and in the work place.
- Shake It -Release your inhibitions by learning simple movement skills so you can become more physically aware of your body, and build a solid foundation to finding your core, enhance your stamina and have control in your breath technique. Book Now…
THE ADVANCED COURSE
This course is perfect for those wanting to push a little harder, or for those who’ve successfully completed the beginners course. Each term is for 6 weeks. Price £145 DATES TBC – please enquire.
- Contemporary Text – You will be given fun short scenes to learn and develop
- Dialect – You’ll be given short scenes from famous American plays
- Vocal training – Learn how to strengthen your voice and enhance your vocal skills to ensure diction and clarity
- Improvisation – Exercise your inhibitions with structured improvisation techniques combined with acting games
- Status work – Incorporating status work within your scenes and improvisation.
- Stage – We’ll be doing practice auditions and sales pitches
- Shake It – We’ll be introducing animal work and developing your physical warm-up
- Headshot Advice- Advice on the perfect headshot for your actor’s portfolio
- Agent and Casting Director advice – Receive exclusive information for the best agents and casting directors in the UK
- Reading list – You’ll receive a reading list. The reading list will contain a variety of playwrights and plays from the Shakespearian, Jacobean, Restoration and Contemporary period.
You’ll be given the chance to perform scenes from a variety of plays to an invited audience with your family and friends. The first five weeks we’ll be in rehearsal and the last week will be the showcase. Enquire for more details.
THE SHAKESPHERE WORKSHOP
Learn the art of Shakespeare, dress up in Elizabethan clothes and have fun! These 2hr workshops will be held throughout 2017. Book Now…